[c-nsp] Feedback on upcoming removal of FTP access to secured software

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Tue Sep 14 14:37:25 EDT 2010

This seems very easy to overcome:

If you want  (s)ftp access, then you presign an agreement, which then associates
your userid with the secure server.

All access is now under the auspices of a signed agreement that you won't export.

If you take it a step further and use  ssh keys, then you've got an additional
layer of security for them.