[c-nsp] Conditional advertise-map

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:23:55 EDT 2010

Carrier grade equipment means nothing more than heavy metal boxes containing
fast interfaces, lots of bugs and a hefty price tag. The only reason it
works is because of the number of users ironing out all the bugs over time
in post-production. Keep in mind that every vendor will want to charge 100%
price for 0% product. Actually, thats every company in general. The point is
that 'carrier grade' is a bullshit term that just means expensive. Perhaps
I'm being a little pessimistic, but with the problems I've seen on carrier
networks, its a joke really..

I'd love to hear some technical reasons why this cannot / is not / will not
be done. I think its a good idea, clearly a number of people have had it.