[c-nsp] Feedback on upcoming removal of FTP access to secured software

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Sep 15 18:43:58 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-16 00:38, Alan Buxey wrote:

> also, to charge for this?   hello? theres plenty of free tools out there
> that can make an inventory of a companies network...given enough information
> and seeding. most of these tools are now available as virtual images to make
> the task a little easier too.

The IBLM report automates the work that could potentially take a
number of days to complete - it shows given specific hardware P/N and
software running on the box if it's still in sale or reached some
milestone - EoS/EoL/EoE. No open source software I know of would
generate such report, as it would need to cross-check the contents of
some of the tools CCO provides. IBLM tool uses internal database that
drives those tools that are customer-facing.

Is it a sales tool? Yes it is. The additional value it brings would
however need somebody else to do the work, and the IBLM by itself
doesn't require signing 'future potential contract' with
your blood.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net