[c-nsp] n5k caches usernames logged in

Janet Plato techgrrl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 08:56:35 EDT 2010

Tassos,

 - It also holds onto a lot of logs, and configuration commands, even
long after one has cleared them.
 - Configuration mode and enable mode share a common command buffer,
so in config mode hitting
up arrow gets you "conf t" and "show whatever" along with previous
config commands, and in enable
mode hitting up arrow still gets you config bits from the previous
configuration attempt.
 - The terminal is pretty rough, it defaults to color-xterm and it
seems to be hard coded in terms of how it responds
   to control sequences.  I've not spent much time on in, but it
redraws the screen funny, and sometimes you need to
   move your terminal scroll buffer tab up and down or issue a redraw
to get the correct output.  Can I suggest termcap or
   terminfo please?
 - The command syntax changes from release to release, even more so than IOS.

There's a laundry list of other things, but this is what comes to mind
before my coffee,

Janet