[c-nsp] Operational impact of switching from ingress to egress replication mode

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Sep 21 14:46:56 EDT 2010

Hi John,
Switching replication modes basically purges the hardware of all
mroutes and those will be reprogrammed based on the current software
state. It will be potentially disruptive for all mroutes, but the
exact amount of traffic loss/blackholing would depend on the rate of
each stream at the time, and the overall amount of time it takes to
reprogram. For a few 100 mroutes, I would not expect much impact.

Hope that helps,
Tim

At 11:30 AM 9/21/2010, John Neiberger averred:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759