[c-nsp] DS3 Nubie

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 15:41:17 EDT 2010

One time I ordered a internet DS3 from AT&T (prior to merger with
SBC), I asked the rep about the order confirmation because it said ATM
and I specifically said no ATM when we signed the contract.  Rep said
it's not ATM and don't worry.  It got installed and it was ATM
circuit.

I complained and they gave us a free router and ATM DS3 card.  (I
forgot what router it was but it was probably pretty expensive back
then)

I never had problems with other carriers like that though.

If you don't make DS3 cable often, I will recommend have a vendor make
one for you.

You may also want to buy or be ready to buy couple attenuators.  At
one location, the Telco equipment was sending out signal that was too
hot for the DS3 interface and I had to attenuate it quite a bit.
Telco would not lower the output for us.