[c-nsp] NAT issue

Mounir Mohamed mounirmohamed at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 10:58:58 EDT 2010

Hi Mohamed,

In such small-end routers NAT is performed centralized and and NAT entries
are stored on the CPU's memory, so the more entries you have the more memory
will use, so  It seems that the number of NAT entries you are having eating
up your memory, thus check your memory status and the number of entries on
your box.

Router#show processes memory
Router#show ip nat statistics

You can limit the number of NAT translation for all routing instances or for
particular routing instance using:

Router(config)#ip nat translation max-entries