[c-nsp] ISR G2 performance

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Mon Sep 27 01:07:24 EDT 2010

Do these numbers seem a little off to anyone else?  I'm shopping again and
I'm trying to compare the ISR G2's with the mainstay 3845 for a DS3 site.
 As usual it has been hard to find performance numbers on cisco.com.  Soon
I'm expecting routers that walk into the DC and install themselves only to
perform at 3Mbps, but I digress...  A little googling brought me the
following link, but the numbers seem a little suspect.  For example the
entire 2800 series is rated above 45M in the document, but the product Q&A
recommends the 2851 just to aggregate 6 T1's.  The pages for the modules are
no less misleading.  Is there a way to find performance metrics for these
routers stated in plain terms?

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html