[c-nsp] ISR G2 performance

Stephen Stack stephen.stack at strencom.net
Mon Sep 27 05:35:33 EDT 2010

Heyho,

Ran into some issues around this not too long ago.

I spoke to my local SE at the time about it, and his line
Was basically - what the marketing bumff says - stands!!!
i.e. in my case, a Cisco 2951 was rated for 75Mbps

If you turn on all the services - this may be the case - but who does
that???
(recently listened to a podcast where Cisco where saying that there are
over
4000 separate services in IOS)

I gave him my requirements of Ethernet-Ethernet connectivity with some
static routing and with some HQOS (shaping)
The stats he gave me back from their internal testing was much higher
that 75 Mbps.

Cisco, being the engineering company they are, need to divulge much
better
Information and more real world stats than marketing figures to help
Out us lowly engineers in the field when making decisions on kit.

I found some information for you to make some informed decisions.
Try this URL for some Math on ISR G1
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/714842#714842

And this for Cisco Internal figures on ISR G2s

"Ask your Cisco partner to give you access to the following document:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/white
_paper_c11_595485.pdf
Since that is proprietary information, I'm not allowed to post it here."