[c-nsp] C892 & PPPoE on VLANs

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 10:14:21 EDT 2010

 Hi,

just wondering, as we haven't had any of these yet and I don't want to
get surprised if I order one ...

I was looking at the 892 mainly due to the rather high throughput rating
if 50+ MBit/s (compared to ~16MBit on the 870 series). Looks to be nice,
just want to ensure it does handle its switch ports (it has 8 FE-TX
ports) as the 870/880 series does ... I need to hook up something like
2-3 PPPoE-connections to the router, which we usually do using vlan 2
through n and then configuring each vlan interface for doing the actual
dialup through a dialer interface ... I would expect the 890 series to
work the same ... anybody happen to have any experience yet? Or is there
a limitation to the number of vlans?

Tnx, -garry