[c-nsp] C892 & PPPoE on VLANs

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Sep 29 18:45:18 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-29 16:14, Garry wrote:

> I was looking at the 892 mainly due to the rather high throughput rating
> if 50+ MBit/s (compared to ~16MBit on the 870 series). Looks to be nice,
> just want to ensure it does handle its switch ports (it has 8 FE-TX
> ports) as the 870/880 series does ... I need to hook up something like
> 2-3 PPPoE-connections to the router, which we usually do using vlan 2
> through n and then configuring each vlan interface for doing the actual
> dialup through a dialer interface ... I would expect the 890 series to
> work the same ... anybody happen to have any experience yet? Or is there
> a limitation to the number of vlans?

It works the same with regards to switch ports, however the WLAN AP
is autonomous.

You can configure up to 14 VLANs (Table 3):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78-519930.html

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net