[c-nsp] TCAM issue on 6500

Shanawaz shanawaz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 04:17:00 EDT 2010

We are running into a TCAM issue on our 6500's running SXI3/IP services on
SUP720/PFC3B

The message we keep getting is "Hardware TCAM exceeded". Our ACL TCAM's are
running full

"Show tcam counts" doesnot indicate a problem
"Show tcam counts detail" indicates the masks on the HI BANK is 99% used.

The Low bank and all the other TCAM's seem to have plenty in spare.

I understand why its happening as we have close to 3000 ACL lines on the
box.

I have tried ACL merge algorithm (ODM) and that has not made any difference.

Is there a way of borrowing space from other TCAM's (Qos TCAM, Netflow TCAM)
to supply the ACL tcam? Also why is the Hi BANK getting full whereas the LOW
BANK has plenty in spare?