[c-nsp] Service agreement warning for EOL hardware

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Sep 30 20:07:24 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-01 01:57, Seth Mattinen wrote:

> The odd thing is that it doesn't seem to be tied to valid contracts
> because I tried an 877 image (I let smartnet expire after it was
> decommissioned) and it didn't say anything.
> Perhaps the 3640 is just too old.

Bear in mind that before the IOS license activation, there was no
way to tie for 100% your hardware to specific set of licenses/
feature sets you could download, and no way to check if the device
is still alive. So, the database that is used to display such warning
may not be 100% in line with the real life.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net