[c-nsp] Blocking Peer-to-peer with a 7200

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Fri Apr 1 16:58:47 EDT 2011

A better method would be to limit usage allotment.
There is a practical difficulty as some users will still need to download
documents that are rather large and maybe even CDs/DVDs for presentations.
At a hotel you will also have customers who want to view Netflix movies (BW intensive).
Some games also use P2P for patch downloads, WOW for example.
If you block that you are going to upset customers such as myself who like to play when travelling.
If you are providing internet to your customers on a 'free' basis then
limiting usage is probably preferable and charge for customers that need
to download over some limit.  Some users are willing to pay for access.

Mack McBride
Network Architect