[c-nsp] Handling Out of order packet

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Apr 4 10:42:23 EDT 2011

Is there a reason you are not just doing per-flow?  Have you looked at running LACP?  Doing per-packet as you mention sometimes causes problems with the end hosts if they have a poorly behaving IP stack, or low buffering.  It also creates extra work for the hosts.

You can change the hashing system for LACP to perform differently based on your requirements (and platform).  Knowing more about your setup will help provide a better recommendation.

I would leave per-packet as a last resort in almost any environment.

- Jared