[c-nsp] RAD MiRIC SFP's

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Fri Apr 8 16:10:33 EDT 2011

Has anyone successfully used the RAD MiRIC DS3 SFP's in a Cisco switch?

http://www.rad-direct.com/datasheet/miric.pdf

We've used them in other manufacturer's switches but have not been able to get them to link in up in a 3560 running 12.2. I do have the proper unsupported transceiver commands in the config, their existence is noted, but they won't come up with a crossover DS3 between them.

service unsupported-transceiver
no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid
errdisable recovery cause gbic-invalid

GigabitEthernet0/1 is down, line protocol is down (notconnect)
  Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0017.591d.1201 (bia 0017.591d.1201)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive not set
  Auto-duplex, Auto-speed, link type is auto, media type is unsupported
  input flow-control is off, output flow-control is unsupported

I know I shouldn't expect them to be supported but wondered if anyone else had them working with a Cisco.

Thanks
Dave