[c-nsp] Switchport protected trunk links

Adam Piasecki apiasecki at midatlanticbb.com
Tue Apr 12 14:47:31 EDT 2011

If i have switch with two trunk ports. I want to switchport protect both
the trunk links.. I have another trunk port for the uplink.

However, i only want to switch port protect a certain vlan on the trunk
ports, for example. VLAN 32 is on both of the remote switches at the
other end of the trunk port.. Vlan32 would be protected between the
trunk ports on the main switch and all other vlans would be able to pass.

I don't think Cisco has a solution for this right now. I think i have to
create two separate vlans (vlan 32,vlan 33) on the two switches
connected to the trunk ports.

I wish there was a command like.. "switchport protect vlan 32"

--
Adam M Piasecki
MidAtlanticBroadband