[c-nsp] help with Layer2 Local Switching ATM-Ethernet SubIF

Phil Pierotti phil.pierotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:17:36 EDT 2011

Cisco 7206 VXR , NPE-G2, (C7200P-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRE1

interface GigabitEthernet0/2.705
 encapsulation dot1Q 705
!
interface ATM2/0
pvc 0/38 l2transport
  encapsulation aal5snap
!
connect atm-eth-one ATM2/0 0/38 GigabitEthernet0/1.705 interworking ethernet
!

G0/2 port backs into a trunk on my switch where int vlan 705 has an IP
address, trunk has vlan 705 allowed.

Customer on the other side of the ATM PVC has an ATM-Ethernet bridging NTU
from the carrier, FastEthernet plugged into a laptop with an IP.

If I reconfigure the ATM to use a normal subif, atm route-bridged and an IP
address I can ping the customer end, so I know the PVC and ip addressing is
happy.

Configuring it as per the above and attempting to ping the customer from my
switch with the routed VLAN interface doesn't work - what am I missing in
this equation?

Thanks
Phil P