[c-nsp] POS Interface Alarm

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Apr 14 08:54:36 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, April 12, 2011 08:51:34 PM Righa Shake wrote:
> Am receiving the following error on my Cisco ASR POS Interface.
>
> %SONET-4-ALARM: SIP0/0:  POS0/0/0: B3 BER exceeds threshold, TC alert
> declared.
>
> Any help in finding a solution so as not to get the alarm will be
> appreciated.

I've seen this with older IOS devices, in particular 12000 series and 7200-series PA's (in 7200, 7400, or 7500/VIP), where you needed to set the SONET clocking to line (or to internal if it's already set to line).  This would be, for IOS 12.0S on 12000, at least, the 'clock source internal' and 'clock source line' configuration commands; you'll need to look up the equivalent on ASR.