[c-nsp] APNIC IPv4 Address Pool Reaches Final /8

Srinivas (Sunny) Chendi sunny at apnic.net
Thu Apr 14 15:17:00 EDT 2011

APNIC IPv4 Address Pool Reaches Final /8

Dear NSP community

We are writing to inform you that as of Friday, 15 April 2011, the APNIC
pool reached the Final /8 IPv4 address block, bringing us to Stage Three
of IPv4 exhaustion in the Asia Pacific. For more information about Stage
Three, please refer to:

Last /8 address policy

IPv4 requests will now be assessed under section 9.10 in "Policies
for IPv4 address space management in the Asia Pacific region":

APNIC's objective during Stage Three is to provide IPv4 address space
for new entrants to the market and for those deploying IPv6.

   From now, all new and existing APNIC account holders will be entitled
to receive a maximum allocation of a /22 from the Final /8 address

For more details on the eligibility criteria according to the Final /8
policy, please refer to:

Act NOW on IPv6

We encourage Asia Pacific Internet community members to deploy IPv6
within their organizations. You can refer to APNIC for information
regarding IPv6 deployment, statistics, training, and related regional
policies at:

To apply for IPv6 addresses now, please visit:

APNIC Secretariat                                 secretariat at apnic.net
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)   Tel: +61 7 3858 3100
PO Box 3646 South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia    Fax: +61 7 3858 3199
6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD            http://www.apnic.net
* Sent by email to save paper. Print only if necessary.