[c-nsp] Is a 6500 still the best choice?

daigo nakayama nkymdg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:06:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

Now, the product that covers all requirements might have only CRS series.

 (A) MPLS = IOS XR
 (B) 10G high density = x20 10G Eth module
 (C) 100G = x1 100G Eth module

Cat6500 is a realistic method if the stable operation is valued.
However, the achievement of (B) and (C) are opaque, because the
backplane capacity limit. (other members have already pointed it out)

ASR9k is a good selection. Because corporation L2VPN and L3VPN are
included in the target application of the product. And, high density 10G
might be able to be covered though it doesn't reach CRS.

 (A) MPLS = IOS XR
 (B') 10G high density = x16 10G Eth module
 (C) 100G = It will expect it in the future.

NEXUS7k might be not suitable for the demand in the future.
This is a special model for the infrastructure including the data center.

-----
nkymdg