[c-nsp] does duplex mismatch affect UDP throughput?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 2 11:52:08 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:01:50 PM Gert Doering wrote:

> Revisit :-)
>
> Nowadays, more vendors have problems with hard settings
> "not quite working" (because that code doesn't get
> tested so well, I'd assume) than in the last century.

Agree. Definitely revisit :-).

We're a multi-vendor house, Cisco's and Juniper's running
amok everywhere, and are yet to hit a speed/duplex issue
when auto-neg is turned on for both between both vendors.

Our oldest switch is a 2950, but most of the inter-op is
done across the newer platforms, across all major switch and
router systems from both vendors.

Cheers,

Mark.