[c-nsp] Nexus Switches

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Aug 3 11:31:44 EDT 2011

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011, Hemal Shah wrote:

> I would like to know what's the difference between Nexus switches and
> other switches such as 3560. What are general recommendations to
> configure Nexus switches.

That's a pretty vague question.  IOS and NX-OS are pretty different
animals, and there are lots of differences in the hardware.  A lot of the
general recommendations that would apply in most other switching
environments would apply in a Nexus environment.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the Nexus platform.  Here is a
good starting point:

http://www.cisco.com/go/nexus/

Another good link, that goes into more detail re: the differences between
IOS and NX-OS may be found here:
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Nexus_7000_NX-OS/IOS_Comparison_Tech_Notes

jms