[c-nsp] Cisco 6509 MSFC boot problem..

Ambedkar Podeti p.ambedkar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:13:13 EDT 2011

Hi,
i am having cisco 6509 switch with MFSC card.
When i am manually restarting the switch, the boot variable and boot loader
of the MSFC card entries are missing and it is going to
ROMMON mode. We have to give BOOT command everytime.

I have configured the boot variable and bood loader entries in the MSFC
card, but still it is not working
This is the log file for your reference.

RSM_6509_1#sh boot
BOOT variable = bootflash:c6msfc2-jsv-mz.121-19.E1.bin,12
CONFIG_FILE variable does not exist
BOOTLDR variable = bootflash:c6msfc2-jsv-mz.121-19.E1.bin
Configuration register is 0x2102

Please give some solution.

Thanks in advance,
Ambi.