[c-nsp] POS issue

Persio Pucci persio at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:45:52 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have been running into a problem in a POS SDH circuit from a service
provider.

I had three occurrences of the circuit alarming B3 alarms (path-level
errors) where the circuit would go down (line up, protocol down) and would
not recover from that. It is needed that I issue a "loopback line" on the
circuit, and only after releasing the loopback the circuit would go back up.

I have 7600s with OC-12 interfaces, both sides running 12.2(33r)SRB4 (yeah,
I still have not upgraded that version).

Have anybody ever experienced this kind of problem?

Persio