[c-nsp] LLQ QoS Question

Jeff Cartier Jeff.Cartier at pernod-ricard.com
Fri Aug 12 08:51:05 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Just a quick question to the group.

We are about to deploy a few of our routers 'back to back' with the MPLS service providers routers.  We will be doing all the markings on our routers and the SP router will be honouring the markings and ensuring QoS toward the MPLS.  Since we will be connecting to the SP CPE router at GigE I wasn't planning on configuring any QoS policy-maps facing the SP router  My thought was any CBWFQ and LLQ would be done at the SP CPE router as that is point where we will be going from a high speed to low speed link (ie. T1).

Even though I'm not doing CBWFQ, would I still need to configure a policy-map with LLQ for voice/video traffic?  My understanding has always been QoS isn't applicable on links without congestion.  But I also know how LLQ operates...so I'm just unsure of best practice here.

Any insights would be appreciated

....jc

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, Spam, and Explicit Content.