[c-nsp] Brocade Vs Cisco

Patrick Cole z at amused.net
Mon Aug 15 23:57:48 EDT 2011

Brocade MLX/XMR/CER/CES can be really good, I just wouldn't try to do everything
on them, ie, P and PE, IPv4 & IPv6 full table routing, multicast video.
They do it all, but in my experience more software problems tend to surface
the more things you do at once and you don't want it taking out all your
services when this happens - design your network properly and seperate your
MPLS P and PE, and have seperate IP routers with a simplified
L2-transport-to-L3-router model for IP services such as Macca recommended.

Patrick