[c-nsp] Brocade Vs Cisco

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 16 11:55:38 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 08:03:59 AM McDonald Richards
wrote:

> There have been issues inter-oping MPLS L2VPN with the
> Cisco gear (in our deployment) so I'd stick to a single
> vendor for your PE device and try to avoid using LDP at
> all on the CES/CER platform as it does not scale as well
> and performs poorly compared with RSVP.

When we were testing the CER/CES2000 units back in '09, we
discovered some LDP issues between the device and our
Juniper M10i's. We had to shift configurations around, and
eventually got it to work.

> When it comes to price vs performance, the CES has been
> pretty hard to beat and we looked at a LOT of other
> vendors.

Do they have v6 now? I know that was one of the issues we
had when testing then.

We went with the ME3600X, so haven't played with the
Brocade's again since.

Cheers,

Mark.