[c-nsp] Layer 3 on an ES+ EVC

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 30 04:41:21 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 03:30:17 PM Gert Doering wrote:

> After all, how can you see that you bought such an
> expensive card if the bonus features are just hidden
> under a common UI?

:-) - I'd be happy enough to see said features under a
regular sub-interface and know that they work. That's
different enough for me if I want to justify dropping WS-
X67xx cards in favour of ES/ES+ units.

Oh well...

Two issues we have with EFP's (the pseudo-interfaces created
under an EVC) is monitoring and feature parity with regular
interfaces, as Saku initially mentioned.

Mark.