[c-nsp] Management VLAN not working (2950T-24)

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Tue Dec 13 14:02:29 EST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Lee Starnes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an odd question. We have a Cisco WS-C2950T-24 that was working fine
> until we changed the device it is directly connected to for its uplink. The
> switch was connected to a gig port on a 3550 and was reachable. It is now
> connected to a gig port on a 6509. The strange thing is, it passes traffic
> to all the devices conencted to it and even to another 3550 connected via a
> gig port. We just can't seem to ping or connect to the switch itself.
> Management VLAN is 32. The fact that it works on the the 3550 which has to
> pass through the 2950, tells me that the VLAN is trunking through. A show
> vlan on the 2950 shows it active and a show int vlan 32 on the 2950 shows
> it up/up. Below is how these are configured and connected. Anyone ever seen
> this before?

you might see more details on what is going on from comparing the outputs of

 	show interface GiX/Y switchport

on all affected switchports.

Also do a

 	show interface Vlan32

on the affected 2950 to see if the management interface is up.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2