[c-nsp] Recommendation for small GBit router

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Fri Dec 16 03:27:18 EST 2011

nsp at rhanssen.de ("Rolf Hanßen") wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> just pure forwarding of a few public networks towards each other and
> internet with default route.
> No tunnels, no NAT, no DHCP, no VPN or something similar.
> Concerning "relatively cheap": Im searching for "below 3000 Euro
> absolutely". ;)

Cisco-wise you'll find nothing that can push bandwidth. The cheapest
option you have would probably be a WS-3560, but you'll need an
"advanced ip services" image which does not come for free.

You will be able to push a lot of packets through that box, and it
can do v4 and v6 routing. I have not tried v6 BGP yet on that one;
I know it works on 3750s (since Jan 2011), and my guess is that
Cisco would have implemented the feature on the 3560s too.

Yours,
	Elmi.

--

"Machen Sie sich erst einmal unbeliebt. Dann werden Sie auch ernstgenommen."
							     (Konrad Adenauer)