[c-nsp] Recommendation for small GBit router

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Dec 17 10:07:45 EST 2011

On Dec 17, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Rolf Hanßen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ok, nevertheless, what can I expect from these 4 processors / plattforms ?
> As far as I found NPE-G1 / NPE-G2 will have SW updates till 2013/2015.
>
> What throughput can bigger/newer plattform like Sup32/ASR provide with
> netflow ?

the sup32 will have limited Netflow capability.  I recommend against it unless you
understand the technical details/risks of the platform.  You are better off using
a NPE-G1/G2 or ASR based device.

If you don't actually *need* Netflow, but it's a "nice-to-have", then sup32 may
meet your needs.

- Jared