[c-nsp] Anyconnect force upgrade

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 15:40:15 EST 2011

Hi,
> easy question I'm sure..... How do you turn off the feature on the ASA that
> forces the upgrade of anyconnect?

Q. Is there a way to prevent the Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) from automatically upgrading to a new AnyConnect version?

A. Not prior to AnyConnect version 2.3.0.185 .With version 2.3.0.185 and beyond there is a capability to not automatically upgrade the client. It's via a profile Autoupdate parameter. Please reference the Release notes for these preferences options.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect23/release/notes/anyconnect23rn.html#wp908334

with thanks to cisco support forums.... and google  ;-)

....and I believe if you put an old version on the ASA then the update/upgrade wont happen - so keep
the version on ASA disk as old as the oldest version you want to support

alan