[c-nsp] mLACP at 6500

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:42:54 EST 2011

Hi
In 12.2 SXJ release Cisco implemented very interesting feature called
- multichassis LACP (mLACP). Documentation says it's designed for
server deployment. I'm using topology where distribution is made at
two 6500/Sup720 and from each 6500 is 1G link to access switch (2960).
Redundancy and loop-free topology is provided by MSTP. I'm looking for
comments how good or bad mLACP works. As we would like migrate from
MSTP to mLACP for access switches (currently 60 access-switches).

Robert