[c-nsp] cisco ios + adsl + mixed static ip / nat customer environment

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Dec 27 03:09:03 EST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 08:18:02PM -0500, chris wrote:
> (in my case a /26). I'm 99% sure I wouldnt want a /31 as my nat outside
> which I don't would even think could work at all.

Of course it works.   Put "ip address negotiated" on the dialer1, and
"ip nat inside ... interface dialer1 overload" in the NAT config.

If you don't want that, we've put the global address on a loopback
interface

  interface loopback 0
    ip addr 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.255

and used that as a "ip nat inside ... interface loopback0 overload".

If that doesn't work, look into "debug ip nat" to see what the box is
doing.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de