[c-nsp] How to see interface configuration after card failure on ASR9K

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Dec 27 13:09:29 EST 2011

On Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:43:47 AM John Neiberger wrote:

> We had a 40-port card fail on an ASR9K and I'm trying to
> see what configuration was on those interfaces, but I
> can't find the right command. The router has basically
> decided that the card doesn't exist for most purposes. I
> thought that if I did a "show running-config" I would
> see those interfaces listed as preconfigured interfaces,
> but that is not the case. My experience with IOS-XR is
> somewhat limited. How do I see the configuration for
> those interfaces prior to replacing the card?

IOS XR gives lots of options to manipulate the
configuration, but I can't find one which lists
what it was at a given point in time.

All I can find is rollbacks, which can be viewed
(absolutely or as diffs), which isn't exactly
what you're looking for either.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:lab#sh configuration ?
  commit          Show commit information
  failed          Contents of failed configuration
  history         Display history of configuration events (up to 1500 events)
  inconsistency   Configuration inconsistencies
  lock            Configuration lock
  persistent      Show persistent configuration
  removed         Display configuration removed during install operations
  rollback        Show rollback information
  running-config  Current operating configuration
  sessions        Users with active configuration sessions
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:lab#sh configuration

We use RANCID here, so haven't had to confront
your particular situation.

Cheers,

Mark.