[c-nsp] How to see interface configuration after card failure on ASR9K

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Dec 27 12:53:07 EST 2011

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011, John Neiberger wrote:

> We had a 40-port card fail on an ASR9K and I'm trying to see what
> configuration was on those interfaces, but I can't find the right
> command. The router has basically decided that the card doesn't exist
> for most purposes. I thought that if I did a "show running-config" I
> would see those interfaces listed as preconfigured interfaces, but
> that is not the case. My experience with IOS-XR is somewhat limited.
> How do I see the configuration for those interfaces prior to replacing
> the card?

Is the config snippit you're interested in still in the startup-config, or
one of the saved configs on the box.  Do you have backups of the original
configuration?  I don't have any direct experience with IOS-XR at the
moment, so I'm not sure if the syntax for what you want to do varies
significantly from IOS or NX-OS.

jms