[c-nsp] How to see interface configuration after card failure on ASR9K

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Dec 27 21:31:31 EST 2011

On Wednesday, December 28, 2011 03:13:35 AM John Neiberger
wrote:

> I thought for sure there was a command that would show
> the preconfigured interfaces. As soon as I insert the
> new card, the preexisting configuration will magically
> appear again.

That is the Juniper way :-).

Which is not to say that we wouldn't mind such functionality
in IOS (XR), but it can also be confusing especially for
folk that don't understand that this is possible, and if
documentation of the network is poor.

> I just want to verify what that
> configuration is. I just found the command "show
> running-config all-interfaces" which at least lists the
> missing interfaces, but it doesn't actually show their
> configuration. That seems strange.

That looks like it simply shows what the router is doing
currently. I think what you said you're looking for is how
things were in the past.

> IOS-XR is definitely a strange beast. lol  I like it, but
> it's taking a while to get used to it.

I'd certainly invest some time in RANCID. It would be mighty
useful in this kind of situation.

Mark.