[c-nsp] How to see interface configuration after card failure on ASR9K

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Dec 28 07:14:58 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:31:31AM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 28, 2011 03:13:35 AM John Neiberger
> wrote:
>
> > I thought for sure there was a command that would show
> > the preconfigured interfaces. As soon as I insert the
> > new card, the preexisting configuration will magically
> > appear again.
>
> That is the Juniper way :-).

No, with JUNOS adding/removing hardware won't change the config at all.
You can preconfigure interfaces that were never installed in the chassis
before, and config remains present when shutting down or even removing
interfaces.

Looks like IOS-XR still has a long way to go to become as usable as
JUNOS in "configuration" matters.

Best regards,
Daniel