[c-nsp] How to see interface configuration after card failure on ASR9K

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Dec 28 08:32:40 EST 2011

On Wednesday, December 28, 2011 05:51:09 PM Vitkovsky, Adam
wrote:

> Show run should display the configuration for the card
> that was removed and all it's references in the config
> It will jut list the interfaces as "interface
> preconfigure gig0/2/3/4" -same as when you pre-configure
> interfaces for a line-card that is not yet inserted into
> the box or you'd like to adjust the broken card's config
> prior to inserting the new card

We've used that before - what I know is that 'preconfigure'
will only display configurations of a previously removed
line card if the interfaces were initially configured with
the 'preconfigure' command.

We haven't tested this by taking out a line card, but I
recall that this was one of the restrictions.

Cheers,

Mark.