[c-nsp] WS-C2970G-24TS as access switches

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Wed Dec 28 13:49:21 EST 2011

The 2970 series also had issues with electrical imbalances.
These really need to be chassis grounded where other switches aren't as sensitive.
<sarcasm>Not that anyone ever fails to attach grounding cables to switches.</sarcasm>
If you are running more than one Ethernet cable to the same device from the 2970 you can have issues
with the poor handling of imbalances.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect