[c-nsp] Re : BFD on ASR 9000

Marc Binderberger marc at sniff.de
Tue Feb 1 08:58:12 EST 2011

Hello Chams,

> My firewall is using bfd and when typing "show bfd session" on it, it shows me
> down sessions

problem #2 solved :-)

> and here is the "show bfd client", (i'm using bfd for my ISIS configuration)
>
> Name            Node       Num sessions
> --------------- ---------- --------------
> MPLS-TE         0/RSP0/CPU 3
> bgp-0           0/RSP0/CPU 0
> bgp-0           0/RSP1/CPU 0
> ipv4_static     0/RSP0/CPU 0
> ipv4_static     0/RSP1/CPU 0
> isis-IGP-MPLS   0/RSP0/CPU 3
> isis-IGP-MPLS   0/RSP1/CPU 0
> pim             0/RSP0/CPU 3
> pim             0/RSP1/CPU 0
> rsvp            0/RSP0/CPU 0
> rsvp            0/RSP1/CPU 0

So BGP is not telling BFD anything about the session it wants - "0".
Thus "show bfd session" shows nothing about it.

Odd. The eBGP session between ASR and FW is UP, right? What kind of
interface it this? I would guess (gig-)Ethernet but better ask. Vlans in
the game?

Regards, Marc