[c-nsp] Broadband Right-To-Use Feature Lic for ASR1000 Series (FLASR1-BB-RTU)

Andrew K. andrew at vianet.ca
Tue Feb 1 10:20:30 EST 2011

I raise this question because we are currently using an ASR1002-F and
ASR1002 as LNSs.  These kits are experiencing issues.  Both are running
asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.02.06.02.122-33.XNF2.bin

They are terminating PTA/VPDN sessions to the tune of about 4k sessions.

At about 4k sessions they both suddenly start experiencing the same
issue after a week.  They ignore the PADR response from the client and
would not send the PADS session-confirmation packet causing the LNS to
be unable to terminate sessions, only fix is a reload.

I then tested one with 2k sessions, problem free for the last two months.

There is speculation that cisco has codded this in on purpose other
think its a bug.

Cisco TAC told us the ASR1002-F ESP-2.5 kit did not support PPPoE
aggregation and there is no broadband license available.  Cisco then
told us we need to purchase an ASR-1002 which I believe runs an ESP-5
and has a couple broadband licenses to purchase.

We are on our way to purchasing the licenses but I speculate this is a bug.

Thoughts?