[c-nsp] Broadband Right-To-Use Feature Lic for ASR1000 Series (FLASR1-BB-RTU)

Piotr Wojciechowski peper at peper.eu.org
Tue Feb 1 11:24:13 EST 2011

On 2/1/11 2:33 PM, Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr wrote:
> Hi Piotr,
>
> Interesting feedback on this one.
>
> IIRC, I thought reading somewhere on Cisco's BEAUTIFUL website that this
> license could only be activated for an ASR1006 or higher. This is why they
> propose a bundle called "Cisco ASR1000 Series Broadband Bundle" with that
> model.

Once again - you don't activate any of those license. You have to buy
them if you want to use this feature, but you can always configure
broadband aggregation. It's just piece of paper you have to have to be
lagal. Same is with all features on ASR1K.

The broadband bundle exists also for ASR1002.

> If you are right (and I don't doubt), this means that the whole series of
> ASR1K could be used to terminate any kind of sessions (such as LNS) without
> even purchasing the license. Correct ?

Yes.

Regards,
--
Piotr Wojciechowski  (CCIE #25543)  | "The trouble with being a god is
http://ccieplayground.wordpress.com | that you've got no one to pray to"