[c-nsp] Combining v4 and v6 Route-Maps for BGP Peers

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Feb 4 17:01:46 EST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 10:20:00PM +0100, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> > route-map foo permit 10
> >  match ip next-hop foo
> >  match ipv6 next-hop bar
> >
> > Would that match v4 or v6, depending on the address type?
>
> haven't checked in the lab, but strictly speaking, the above map would
> require both conditions to be met, which is not possible for any given
> prefix ;-) so I doubt this works.

I seem to remember I have done something like that, and got bitten
hard - because it's the other way round: applied to IPv6 BGP, the
"match ip ..." stuff is just not evaluated, and vice versa.

(My map was wrong, and I had a match clause for the wrong protocol
in there, and so *all* prefixes got matched)

In any case, we have deciced to have distinct route-maps for now, and
get rid of IPv4 as soon as possible... :-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de