[c-nsp] asa routed public network through asa

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 21:16:57 EST 2011

Hello,

I have an odd network design request that I'm trying to figure out.

Currently I have an asa 5520 thats configured to NAT a few dozen
private networks to one public IP for desktop access.  Simple enough.

What I want do do is create a private network inside the current
network, but give this network a public ip so they can use there own
nat device.  But I would like to have all of this traffic go through
the asa.

The asa is running 8.3(2), and I have a /26 from our isp to work with.
 One of those IP's currently exists on the routed outside interface of
the asa.

Example:

private lan(nat device) - lan - switch - switch - router - asa - internet.

So I understand the part of trunking a vlan to the asa.  Where i'm
stuck is how to add a secondary ip to a routed port on the asa(if this
is even possible) and how to "route" the traffic through the asa an
not "NAT" it.

Thanks,
Dan.