[c-nsp] Advice: Which routers to purchase ?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Feb 5 02:16:25 EST 2011

On Saturday, January 29, 2011 07:21:22 am Gert Doering
wrote:

> Might be a good edge box, but certainly not something I'd
> buy for a "full BGP" setup today.  My bet is that we'll
> hit 512k (IPv4+IPv6) in less than two years from now.

With 8GB of control plane memory, it could be useful for a
busy route reflector. Of course, things get tricky if
someone is trying to troubleshoot why a route that appears
in the RIB isn't reachable (due to not having anymore FIB
slots).

Cheers,

Mark.