[c-nsp] How to pass VLAN through router

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:16:23 EST 2011

Could you perhaps use a bridge group? We can bridge traffic from a physical
interface to a wireless controller module. Perhaps you could have a sub
interface on each of the physical interfaces for the VLAN using the bridge
group. How about something like this:

interface FastEthernet0/0
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.5
 description Wireless RF-Video
 encapsulation dot1Q 5
 bridge-group 5
!
interface FastEthernet0/1.5
 encapsulation dot1Q 5
 bridge-group 5
!
interface BVI5
 description Optional IP for troubleshooting / management
 ip address 172.16.240.43 255.255.255.0
!
bridge 5 protocol ieee
bridge 5 route ip