[c-nsp] flow-export to more than 2?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Feb 17 05:37:25 EST 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> Platforms which have implemented FNF or some subset thereof (N7K,
> CRS-1, ASR9K, et. al.) can support multiple exporters.
>
> That being said, it may make more sense to simply export the flow
> telemetry to a *NIX box running the UDP Samplicator or flow-fanout and
> then redistribute it from there.  NDE can consume linecard and/or RP
> CPU; again, platform-dependent.

The current code base for the UDP Samplicator does not support IPv6, so
that would be problematic if you're exporting v9 data to v6 Netflow
collectors/analyzers.

Exporting v9 data to a v4 host should be OK.  Last time I looked, Simon
was messing around with some v6 samplicator code, but the last update I
saw on the Google Code page was almost a year ago.

jms