[c-nsp] flow-export to more than 2?

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sun Feb 27 06:49:07 EST 2011

Justin M Streiner writes:
> The current code base for the UDP Samplicator does not support IPv6,
> so that would be problematic if you're exporting v9 data to v6 Netflow
> collectors/analyzers.

Not much of a risk because Hank has 7600s, which don't know how to send
Netflow packets over IPv6 (although thankfully they can produce Netflow
accounting from IPv6 traffic now).

> Exporting v9 data to a v4 host should be OK.  Last time I looked,
> Simon was messing around with some v6 samplicator code, but the last
> update I saw on the Google Code page was almost a year ago.

Right[1].  I do have UDP samplicator code that speaks IPv6, with some
limitations concerning the "spoofing" mode.  But I haven't got around to
merging that into the mainline yet.  If anyone wants to help me out by
testing that version, please let me know and I'll send a tarball.
--
Simon.
[1] http://code.google.com/p/samplicator/issues/detail?id=1#c2